Friday, January 2, 2009

Homeschooling


I used to think that all the kids who homeschooled had it so easy. They could get up whenever they wanted and do school in their pjs. But now that I am homeschooled I look at it WAY differently now. My mom used to be a teacher and she makes me a my sister get up at 7 and get to work at 8:30 just like almost ever regular schools. And since I'm a freshman in high school, my work is no walk in the park. My mom also has very high standards and wants me to do everything to the best of my ability. I know that someday I will most likely appreaciate her later in life. But right now I would rather be doing fun things, other than sitting at our kitchen table from 8:30 in the morning to like 4 in the afternoon. I used to go to a Charter School called Smith Flat. I only went to days every week. Tuesdays and Thursdays. I love everything about it, the people and my teachers. And I'm trying to convince my mom to let me go back next year. Well...we will just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

The Neves Clan said...

The grass will always be greener- no matter where you are. It's cool that you get to take your work on the road, and that you can count certain excursions as "educational". I am happy to see that you are updating your blog. Good girl!