Friday, January 2, 2009

San Fran!!!

Left to Right.  Back- Josh, Bella, Me!, Jeremy, Adam, Nick
Middle- Missie, Nikki, Mom, Alicia, Lollie, Trevor
Front- Amber, Sam, Madalyn  (My Dad is taking the picture) 

San Francisco was awesome!  And the best part was all of my immediate family was together and Nikki, Amber's sister, was spending time with us because she didn't have anyone to be with on Sunday.  But that doesn't matter she is part of the family anyway.  We went at night, so we got to see all of the lights and personally it was breathtaking.  I love the city.  And I feel like at any minute someone is going to open a window and burst into song.  Like everyone is a part in a musical and they don't know it.  Everyone has their own story to tell and we just have to stop and listen.

And I'm not kidding about the musical part.  When 11 of us boarded a Cable Car we had no idea that we would have so much fun.  A couple got on at the second stop and maybe they were drunk but they decided to get everyone into the Christmas spirit by singing carols.  And good thing that our family was on their because we know lots of carols and all the words.  So here was how Jingle Bells started, 
"How about another one?" the lady asked.
"Ok.  Jingle Bells." my dad responds
"Cool!  How does that start again?" 
"Uhhh...Jingle bells, jingle bells..."
And so it went for every Christmas song you can think of.  
Then for the night we stayed in the Stratford hotel literally right next to Union Square.  O, I almost forgot the rooms were free courtesy of my brother Josh who has "connections."  
The next morning we rode a glass elevator!!!  Thats right glass!  Only 7 of us would actually ride it.  First my brother Jeremy rode up with us all the way to the top which was on the 36th floor.  Then he got off.  Then we rode again and my sisters Missie and Lollie got off the second time. Then my younger sister and niece and nephew proceeded to ride 3 more times.  It was awesome!  Then for lunch we went to Josh's restaurant "Best O' Burger" which was really good, I mean really really good.  
Sadly at the end it was time to go home.  Jeremy, Lollie, Bella, and Madalyn and I started home.  While the rest of our family stayed to get their hair cuts by Nikki who is a great hair cutter.   They left the city at like 4 and got back to our house at 9.  Traffic was crazy.  But all in all..San Francisco was awesome.  
    

3 comments:

The Neves Clan said...

And it will be even more exciting when we go to SEATTLE!!! We'll stay in the city, go out late, sleep in, get great coffee... Wait, do you drink coffee?

The Neves Clan said...

Seriously, dude. It's been almost a year!

Special Jessie said...

ah! Tori your site is AMAZING!! :) I love it! you should check mine out..not as good but I'm getting there. <3 love ya...I cant believe you rode in a GLASS ELEVATOR!!! haha